Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 3 part 2


Installing the queen post. The queen beam is a 50 ft piece of wood cut from one tree. The eve beams and the queen beams are all 50 ft long.




Anthony and Phillip installing the queen post. This was a pretty windy day and they walked around like they were on the ground.



I wish I could get a closeup of it but Anthony has an interesting place to keep his pencil so that it is handy. He keeps it inside his beard under his mouth. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe it.






This is the crew from Old Valley Barnwood that I bought the barn from and are they are the ones erecting the barn. Anthony Hess is the 2nd from the right and he is the owner I believe. Next to him to the left is Phillip and he appears to be a true craftsman.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment