Sunday, May 16, 2010

Truss Plates


These are the truss plates that my architect said I had to use. They are 5 X 16 and they have 4- 5 inch ledger lock screws in the post, 3 in the side of the sill plate and two 3 inch tap cons into the foundation.



Jenn's fiance Freddie stopped in to help and got put to work. Here he is grinding truss plates to custom fit each one. After that he sanded them and painted them. Later on in the day I installed them.





Each post in the interior gets a 4 X4 steel angle iron on each side. I had to have a machine shop make these for me. It delayed me a little but I would have taken longer to build them and they still would not have come out this nice. Each one has 4- 5 inch ledger lock bolts and 2 - 5 inch wedge bolts that go down into the concrete. Unless we get a direct hit by a tornado we should be OK.

Another view of the truss plates.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment