Saturday, July 17, 2010

Railings for the loft


We went back to the original barn we were going to purchase and got the old feeding rails out to make into railings for the loft. This is the left side and below is the right side. They were a little challenging because I had to fit them into the space between the front post and the 10 foot post. In the front there is a wind brace and I had to cut a spindle down to fit into that.

This is the new stairway from the side with the new upper railing made from cattle feeders. Unfortunately I only had the end piece from the original barn and I had to make the long run you see above the steps. I used old oak from the barn so it looks original.




My friends Don and Barb McBride and their daughter Julie and her daughter Morgan stopped over to inspect the barn. They gave it two thumbs up so I guess it passed.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm in AWE!!!!! Beautiful, beautiful!! Little over 2 weeks and we'll see it!!! Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Ruth, you are the only person that comments. Can't waith until Aug. 7th !!!

    ReplyDelete